GREENVILLE,Calif. December 27, 2012—Mountain Circle Supports IVRPD, runs five different programs for kids, teens & adults at the Community Center.
Before I moved to Greenville, a town of about 2,000 which is part of the larger Indian Valley, I came to visit during the summer months. There were festivals, softball tournaments, lakes to visit, trails to hike and the most spectacular mountain views to enjoy while running.
It was much to my surprise that as soon as the first snow hit (you know, it doesn’t snow in the CA valley!) everyone in town went into hibernation mode. Windows locked, men comparing wood piles outside and virtually no options of activities for kids, teens or adults!
Luckily, I happen to work for Mountain Circle Family Services who are always looking for ways to not only improve the lives of our foster children, but also our community. It was no surprise to me when we decided to support our local Community Center run by Indian Valley Recreation and Parks District and run a few (the list keeps growing) programs out of it.
As of today (check with me tomorrow), Mountain Circle runs 5 different programs out of the Community Center.
1. Fitness Club: meets Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 8:30am-9:30am for adults who want to improve fitness levels or train for our Running with the Bears event.
Cost: $25 per month
2. Cheer Club: (Starts Jan 9th) Run by yours truly meets Wed & Thurs from 4pm-5pm for kids 4-12 years old to learn cheer basics and preform what they learn.
Cost: $55 for 6 weeks (includes T-shirt)
3. Youth Wrestling: (Starts Jan. 9th) meets Wednesday’s from 5pm-6pm for kids in Kindergarten-6th grade. The classes include basic grappling and wrestling techniques. Children will be paired according to weight BOYS and GIRLS are welcome. Come wrestle with Dan Litchfield and Dave Mercer.
Cost: $2.00 per child
4. Line Dancing: 1st & 3rd Saturday of each month 6pm-7:30pm all levels of dancers welcomed. This class is intended for you to have fun, laugh and kick your boots around. Join the instructor Frank Carrion to learn some moves. Come solo or bring a partner.
Cost: $2.00 per person or $3.00 per couple
5. Bouncy House: Every Friday from 4pm-6pm All kids welcome up to 12 years old.
We have had great turnouts with all of these programs but would love to see even more community members participate!
If you are interested in any of these programs, please visit the IVRPD website for more information http://www.ivrpd.org/index.html or call Mountain Circle Family Services at 530-284-7007.