If you are losing faith in human nature, go out and watch a marathon.
– Kathrine Switzer
We are gearing up for our 10th annual event and making a few changes along the way due to COVID-19. Most noticeably will be the reduced number of entrants to only 150 participants and our newfound ability to join us virtually. Do not delay and register today for this one-of-a-kind weekend running experience!
What you need to know:
- We are limiting the number to 50 participants who can register for each of our three distances (10K, Half, and Full)
- There are only 150 spots available, so we are offering a virtual option
- Start times will be staggered to support our social distancing requirements
- You will see an increased level of safety and hygiene support from us
- Participants are required to raise or pay a minimum of $750 for our Mountain Circle Foster Youth Program and the first 50 to raise $1,000 get to attend our after party! Don’t worry, we are here to help you get started.
The net-net is that we are stoked you are still game to support an incredibly important need for our Foster Youth program.
And let us remind you about the top 10 reasons to join Running with the Bears!
- Cool August temperatures for your running comfort
- Support! Super fun & sassy Aid Stations every 2-3 miles
- A new socially-distanced, but very social post-run party (limited to 50 runners ONLY who raise a minimum of $1,000)
- Fewer rules: No time limit. Period.
- But dogs rule! Yes, your bestie can join you – Dogs are supported at Aid Stations and gets a finisher medal too!
- We are America’s smallest Boston qualifier marathon
- Incredibly beautiful course(s) in the quiet and rural part of Northern California
- We have got super duper awesome swag bags – it’s undeniable
- Our down-home atmosphere will make you feel right at home
- Your fundraising efforts unabashedly make a big bear difference in the lives of our foster youth and their families (but do not worry – our bears will not bother you!)